"Maybe the greatest madness is to see life as it is rather than what it could be."
- Don Quixote, Cervantes
"I have this strange feeling that I’m not myself anymore. It’s hard to put into words, but I guess it’s like I was fast asleep, and someone came, disassembled me, and hurriedly put me back together again. That sort of feeling."
- Haruki Murakami, Sputnik Sweetheart (via introspectivepoet)
(Source: goodreads.com, via introspectivepoet)
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."
- Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray (via booksquoteslove)
"When she fucked up, all those years ago, just a little girl terrified into paralysis, she collapsed into the enigma of herself. And that could have happened to me, but I saw where it led for her. So I still believe in the Great Perhaps, and I can believe in it in spite of having lost her."
- John Green Looking for alaska (via alaskadur)
"I knew I loved you
when ‘home’ went from being a place
to being a person."
- Eric Micha’el Levanthal. (via mysharona1987)
"People say love isn’t supposed to be painful. But maybe the best things in life are the ones that hurt the most after they’re gone."
- Julie Johnson, Say the Word (via reading-is—breathing)
"So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I’m still trying to figure out how that could be."
- Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower (via harryjames-holmes)
"Sometimes you break your heart in the right way, if you know what I mean."
- Gregory David Roberts, Shantaram (via wordsnquotes)
"What good is a life lived as if it made no difference at all to the great life of the world? A sadder thing I cannot imagine. Why should not a mother say to herself, if I raise this child aright, if I love and care for her, she shall live a life that brings joy to those about her, and thus I have changed the world? Why should not the farmer that plants a seed say to his neighbor, the seed I plant today will feed someone, and that is how I change the world today?… Each creature in the world should consider this thing, every moment of the heart’s beating. Otherwise, what is the point of arising each day?"
- Fool-Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb (via snkrfnd)
"But you cant shut everyone out. I mean you have to have someone to love…someone to hold on to… someone—"
- Hubert Selby Jr. - Requiem for a dream (via books-and-cookies)
"Sometimes we get sad about things and we don’t like to tell other people that we are sad about them. We like to keep it a secret. Or sometimes, we are sad but we really don’t know why we are sad, so we say we aren’t sad but we really are."
- Mark Haddon, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (via bookquotesbook)
"But things work out, you know. Even if it doesn’t feel okay for a long time, or even if it feels like things will never be okay again, everything works out in the end."
- Lauren Morrill, Meant to Be (via bookquotesbook)
"Open your minds, my friends. We all fear what we do not understand."
- Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol (via bookquotesbook)